Organization: Alexandra House, Inc. | Location: Anoka, MN
Activity Area: Community | Job Type: Full-time | Salary: $32,000 - $38,000 with full benefits
Closing Date: 06/21/2019
Alexandra House is seeking a full-time Youth Services Advocate to provide trauma informed advocacy and support services for youth impacted by sexual violence, relationship violence or domestic violence within their home.
Full-time non-exempt position planning and implementing awareness, prevention and intervention programming providing trauma informed advocacy. Services include providing individual advocacy and support to youth; conducting educational presentations and facilitating groups within schools and at Lino Lakes Juvenile Facility; participate and attend relevant community events; develop and enhance partnerships with schools, social services juvenile justice professionals and community based agencies.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Completion of 40-hour state-mandated sexual assault advocacy training
• A strong commitment and passion for ending violence with an understanding of the impact of violence and trauma on youth
• Commitment to and experience in working with people from diverse populations and marginalized communities
• Experience with support group facilitation and comfortable with public speaking
• Strong ability to organize, schedule and prioritize tasks
• Excellent written communication and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to problem solve and make decisions individually and within a team
• Ability to handle client information with complete confidentiality
• Skill in developing and maintaining positive relationships with individuals, community partners and systems representatives
• Skilled in using Prezi, social media, & other emerging technologies
• Valid MN driver’s license with an ability to travel to various sites throughout Anoka County.
Monday Friday, 7 am – 3:30 pm generally, with ability to work varied shifts as needed, including occasional evening and weekend hours
Starting Salary Range
$32,000 – $38,600 DOQ, with a full benefit package including retirement plan, vacation & medical accrual
How to Apply
If you are committed to ending violence and are passionate about working with youth, we want to talk to you! Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, ATTN: CP Supervisor in the subject line. Submission deadline is June 21, 2019.
***No phone calls or emails please. This email address is only for receiving resumes. Qualified applicants will be contacted within three business days after resumes are received.