Organization: Tubman | Location: Maplewood
Closing Date: 04/17/2020
Tubman is seeking one Full-Time Youth and Family Worker in Tubman’s Inspiring Youth Program that is in the Housing and Youth Development Department. In this role you champion youth ages 10-17 and partner with them as a mentor in order to help build on their individual strengths. You will also serve as a systems change advocate to ensure relevant services for youth and families who represent historically marginalized communities. Join us in pursuit of driving positive changes and be a part of helping to foster thriving people, healthy relationships, and peaceful communities.
• Provide comprehensive services primarily to youth of all genders ages 10-17 and their children or families
• Promote well-being of youth and families by serving clients in pursuit of their goals within a youth development framework
• Promote trusting relationships with clients and other providers
• Foster goal attainment through coordinated case management and education
• Provide resources to support effective service delivery
• Uphold professional boundaries and client-centered approach
• Manage data entry and reporting to meet grant goals and deadlines
• Engage in marketing to ensure awareness about comprehensive agency services and additional community resources
• Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, sociology, youth development, human services or related field, or equivalent years of experience.
• Experience and proficiency in the coordination of data to include client case management, summary reports, and other related assignments
• Ability to manage multiple tasks independently and as a team
• Knowledge and strength with computer skills and ability to implement evaluation strategies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to engage individuals and families in services to inspire and create positive changes
• Experience and knowledge about violence(including sexual exploitation), complex trauma, cultural or gender diversity, and homelessness
• 2 years group facilitation or case management experience with diverse youth from historically marginalized communities
• Openness to work with a wide range of relevant community resources
• Reliable transportation and a good driving record
Salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications and is accompanied by a quality benefits package and opportunities for professional growth.
• Graduate degree or equivalent years of experience in related field
• Experience working with social and community services in collaborative or system-change efforts
• Ability to speak more than one language
To apply: Send resumes and cover letter by to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or Tubman Center East, Attn: HR Dept. 1725 Monastery Way, Maplewood, MN 55109
We encourage applications from people of color, multilingual speakers, people of all genders, veterans and people with disabilities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About us: Tubman’s philosophy is rooted in our inspiration and namesake, Harriet Tubman. Facing unrelenting adversities, Harriet Tubman encouraged others to simply “Keep going.” Each year, Tubman offers safety, healing and hope to nearly 25,000 people of all ages who are facing violence, exploitation, homelessness, addiction or mental health challenges. Our culturally responsive services are rooted in decades of research, innovation, experience and partnership. Incorporating feedback from the people we serve and the community, Tubman provides countless ways to help. To learn more, please visit www.tubman.org