Organization: Alexandra House, Inc. | Location: Blaine
Activity Area: Shelter | Job Type: Direct Service | Salary: 13.50 - 15.50
July 8, 2020
Weekend Relief Staff Advocates
Alexandra House is seeking two weekend day and evening advocates to provide trauma informed advocacy and support services for individuals impacted by domestic and sexual violence and their families.
• Providing individual and systems advocacy to victims of domestic and sexual violence in a trauma informed residential
• Advocacy services include providing crisis intervention, support and referral in person and over the 24-hour help line
• A strong commitment and passion for ending violence
• Ability to advocate within various systems including social services, economic, housing, legal, medical and educational
• Clear understanding of providing trauma informed care
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Commitment to and experience in working with people from diverse populations and marginalized communities
• A minimum of one year demonstrated experience in advocating on behalf of victims of domestic and sexual violence
• 40 hour Sexual Assault Certification
• CPR and First Aid Certified
Available shifts include weekend days and overnight with some holidays; approximately 10-15 hours a week, with the possibility to pick up additional shifts as needed.
• Saturday and Sunday
7:30 am – 3:30 pm
3:30 pm – 10:00 pm
Please note: Relief Staff Advocates are required to work a minimum of 10 hours each month.
$13.50– $15.50 DOQ
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, ATTN: Evening Shelter Coordinator in the subject line. Position open until filled.
*** No phone calls or emails please. This email address is only for receiving resumes. No additional information is known about open positions. Qualified applicants will be contacted within three business days after resumes are received.