Organization: Sexual Violence Center | Location: TBD-Scott/Carver satellite office and on occasion Main office based in Minneapolis
Activity Area: Advocacy | Job Type: Full-time /Non-Exempt/Hourly | Salary: $19.23/hr -$21.63/hr
Victim Support Advocate-Carver & Scott Counties
REPORTS TO: Director of Client Services
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Life, Long-term Disability, Sick Leave, Vacation Time
Sexual Violence Center is an independent and public non-profit organization working in Carver, Hennepin and Scott Counties. We provide support to youth 12 years of age and older and adults through our 24-hour telephone crisis line, individual counseling, support groups, advocacy. For more information about our work, visit www.sexualviolencecenter.org.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
Responding to the demand for SVC direct service delivery in Carver and Scott counties including (80% of the time):
• Respond to the needs of people affected by sexual violence in Carver and Scott counties (primary and secondary victims) by carrying out advocacy services including legal advocacy, medical advocacy, telephone-based support, one-to-one counseling, and support groups.
• Conduct outreach efforts and events to promote SVC’s services in Carver and Scott counties, including community and fundraising events.
• Liaise with stakeholders in response to sexual violence in both Carver and Scott counties to increase collaboration between SVC and government (including the county attorney’s offices, law enforcement, corrections) and partner agencies.
• Coordinate and support volunteers and interns assigned to the satellite office.
• Act as the staff lead for support groups based in Carver and Scott counties.
• Offer direct services back-up support including crisis line support, individual counseling, legal advocacy, and medical advocacy support as needed.
• Work with the Program Director to conduct an evaluation of services and collected participant feedback.
Coordinate the Carver County Sexual Assault Interagency Council with duties including (15% of the time):
• Support the team to continue their work through the 8-step nationwide sexual violence systems change model.
• Develop monthly meeting agenda, regularly communicate with team members (including timely communication of meeting agenda and meeting follow-up including distribution of meeting minutes) and lead team meetings.
• Coordinate logistics of SAIC meetings.
• Liaise with the technical assistance point person at the Sexual Violence Justice Institute (SVJI).
• Support strategies to increase team member engagement in SAIC.
• Prepare accurate and comprehensive reports on team activities for funders in collaboration with the Executive Director.
• Recruit SAIC member agencies and coordinate the orientation of new members.
• Develop site coordinator skills through webinars, workshops, and conferences
Build the Scott County Sexual Assault Response Team with duties including (5% of the time):
• Recruit new multidisciplinary partners to participate in this team.
• Support strategies to increase team member engagement in SART.
• Support team members to develop a vision for their work and lay the groundwork for future funding for SART.
• Develop monthly meeting agenda, regularly communicate with team members (including timely communication of meeting agenda and meeting follow-up including distribution of meeting minutes), and facilitate team meetings.
• Coordinate logistics of SART meetings.
Other duties including:
• Responsible for other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
• Have a working knowledge of strategies and methods of support for victims/survivors of sexual violence.
• Must be able to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and marginalized communities.
• A strong commitment to social justice and dismantling of all forms of oppression.
• Flexible and adaptable to a fluid work environment
• Team-oriented person who will foster a positive working environment.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
Applicants that reside in Carver or Scott Counties will be given priority. *