Organization: Cornerstone Advocacy Service | Location: Bloomington, MN
Activity Area: Finance | Job Type: Full-Time | Salary: $45,000
Closing Date: 02/26/2020
The purpose of this position is to provide support to the Administrative department within Cornerstone. The position requires a high degree of professionalism, organization skills and attention to detail. Accounting functions will include processing monthly accounts, audit preparation, budget preparation, expense management and grant reporting, and payroll. Accomplishes organization mission by completing related results as needed. At Cornerstone, it’s not just a job; it’s a career.
- Process monthly accounts receivable, prepaids, deferred revenues and temporarily restricted.
- Prepares annual 1099’s.
- Assists in annual agency audit preparation.
- Assists in funder audit preparation.
- Reviews and codes accounts payable invoices.
- Writes up all monthly and year-end journal entries.
- Reviews grants for progress and make appropriate budget adjustments when necessary.
- Assists in annual budget preparation.
- Assists in budget preparation for contributed revenue (corporations and foundations).
- Assists in budget preparation for earned revenue (Federal, State, County and Cities).
- Provide expense/revenue reporting for both contributed and earned revenue.
- Reviews payroll database changes and earnings reports prior to submission to ADP.
- Reviews reports from ADP prior to payroll disbursement.
- Maintains custom financial reports in MIP, including cash flow statement.
- Conducts account analysis/reconciliation when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in accounting and 3-5 years’ non-profit experience. Excellent communication skills, knowledge of Microsoft applications, the ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines are a must. Knowledge of the MIP accounting system and the ADP payroll system preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, and in-person communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills and superior knowledge of all MS Office Suite programs; accurate reporting skills.
- Excellent planning, organization, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Patience with routine and attention to detail; proactive and process-oriented working style.
- Ability to multi-talk, meet pressing deadlines and anticipate needs; Ability to maintain confidentiality; Ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Relationship builder;
- A team player with all departments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities and those who may be Deaf/Hard of Hearing, to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use manual dexterity for use of objects, tools or controls as well as visual acuity. The employee is required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The employee should always request assistance if any object needs to be lifted and the employee feels that their capabilities are such that the specific item to be lifted is beyond the employees abilities. No employee should attempt to lift more than what is comfortable for them. If such a situation should arise the employee should notify their supervisor to find help with lifting any item regardless of weight if the object to be lifted is awkward or difficult to lift in any way.
Cornerstone strives for a fully inclusive work environment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, familial or marital status, and/or with regard to public assistance or any other characteristic. These statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of this position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Cornerstone is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
RESUMES without COVER LETTERS will not be reviewed or considered for employment at Cornerstone Advocacy Service.
Please e-mail your COVER LETTER AND RESUME to email@example.com.
No agencies; No walk-ins; No phone calls please.