Organization: Tubman | Location: Maplewood
Activity Area: | Job Type: Full-time | Salary: 36,400
Closing Date: 03/12/2021
Shelter Case Manager
Tubman is seeking one Shelter Case Manager to join a dynamic and collaborative team to support the agency’s mission, vision, and values. This position is based at our Maplewood Shelter. The schedule is flexible to support client and program needs (generally Monday-Friday 10am-6:30pm) and must include at least one evening per week in shelter until 8pm or later. The position will have office space on the shelter floor but some work will also take place in the community
Essential Job Duties
• Creates safe and supportive relationships with clients.
• Provides case management services to shelter clients on their caseload; maintaining consistent contact with all clients.
• Provides advocacy and support using a strength based, non-judgmental and client centered approach.
• Completes intake and assessment, goal plans, progress reports, and exit reports on all assigned clients.
• Provides transportation to clients regularly for appointments and commitments related to goal areas.
• Facilitates support groups and activities for clients.
• Supports clients in setting and achieving client-led goals to foster hope and healing and secure housing.
• Completes necessary paperwork, data entry, case notes, and administrative work related to client services.
• Assists in providing training, mentoring, and development of new staff, interns, and volunteers.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with appropriate community and government agencies, schools, and other appropriate systems and supports.
• Supports advocacy staff as needed with the crisis line, walk in clients, security maintenance and client de-escalation.
• Coordinates with and communicates to advocacy staff and management in regards to client needs.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or 4 years equivalent applicable experience, preferably in domestic violence services.
• 2+ years direct service experience related to violence and homelessness, including domestic violence, sexual assault and exploitation.
• Ability to welcome and engage a diverse group of stakeholders with a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Understand and work from the agency’s set of values and philosophical approaches; including harm-reduction/housing first, trauma-informed care, violence as a learned behavior, client-centered and led work, etc.
• Set and uphold professional boundaries.
• Pass DHS fingerprint criminal background study as required by program licensing.
• Have access to reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and insurance, and maintain a good driving record.
• Experience in implementing interventions to support complex trauma.
• Knowledge of domestic violence related issues and systems.
Position starts at $17.50/hour.
This position will be open to current Tubman staff, interns, and volunteers. Preference given to resumes received by Sunday, March 07, 2021.
Send resumes and cover letter to: email@example.com. Or Tubman Center East, Attn: HR Dept. 1725 Monastery Way, Maplewood, MN 55109
We encourage applications from people of color, multilingual speakers, people of all genders, veterans and people with disabilities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About us: Tubman’s philosophy is rooted in our inspiration and namesake, Harriet Tubman. Facing unrelenting adversities, Harriet Tubman encouraged others to simply “Keep going.” Each year, Tubman offers safety, healing and hope to over 25,000 people of all ages who are facing violence, exploitation, homelessness, addiction or mental health challenges. Our culturally responsive services are rooted in decades of research, innovation, experience, and partnership. Incorporating feedback from the people we serve and the community, Tubman provides countless ways to help.