Organization: Alexandra House | Location: Anoka, MN
Activity Area: Twin Cities Metro | Job Type: Full-time | Salary: 37,000-44,000
Closing Date: 03/22/2019
March 13, 2019
Established in 1977, Alexandra House is one of the largest, comprehensive domestic and sexual violence organizations in Minnesota; and the only one in Anoka County. We offer a continuum of services to victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual violence, dating violence, and abuse in later life.
Sexual Assault Kit Initiative (SAKI) Coordinator
Full-time exempt position coordinating services and providing trauma informed advocacy and support to victims of sexual assault who have previously un-submitted sexual assault kits stored at the Anoka County Sheriff’s Office. The Sexual Assault Kit Initiative Coordinator position is supported by a three year grant project funded by the Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Assistance.
• Partner with the Anoka County Sheriff’s Office Sexual Assault Kit Initiative Detective to assist with case review
• Provide victim notification regarding outcomes of tested sexual assault kits
• Provide ongoing victim-centered, trauma-informed advocacy to victims whose cases may be further investigated/pursued through the criminal justice system
• Research best practice approaches to victim notification and cold case victim advocacy
• Assist in developing victim-centered protocols for notification and engagement of victims related to un-submitted SAKS
• Provide training and consultation to other victim service providers throughout the state
• Participate on the Sexual Assault Kit Initiative Multidisciplinary Team
• Maintain accurate data for timely completion of reports to external stakeholders
• Bachelor’s degree
• Three or more years’ experience providing advocacy to victims/survivors of sexual assault
• Well-developed understanding of the needs, options, and resources available to victims/survivors of sexual assault
• Sexual Assault certification required
• Commitment to and experience in working with people from diverse populations and marginalized communities
• Knowledge of various systems including legal/criminal justice, health care and social service
• Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with individuals, community partners, and systems representatives
• Ability to problem solve, effectively plan and prioritize, make decisions individually and within a team
• Ability to handle client information with complete confidentiality
• Excellent written communication and public speaking skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to travel to multiple locations
• Experience in program development
Hours and Location
Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm with occasional evenings and weekends as needed; this position will be primarily based at the Anoka County Sheriff’s Office.
Starting Salary Range
$37,000 – $44,000 DOQ along with an excellent benefits package including health and dental Insurance, retirement plan with employer match, paid holidays, paid vacation and medical, life insurance, short term and long-term disability insurance.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Jackie Bridgeman at email@example.com. Submission deadline is March 22, 2019.
*** No phone calls or emails please. This email address is only for receiving resumes.