Organization: New York City Alliance Against Sexual Assault | Location: New York, NY
Activity Area: | Job Type: | Salary: $50,000 – 54,000 Depending on experience
Closing Date: 04/30/2020
Founded in 2000, the New York City Alliance Against Sexual Assault’s mission is to prevent sexual violence and reduce the harm it causes through education, research and advocacy. The Alliance works closely with the city’s rape crisis programs and hospitals, District Attorney’s Offices, New York Police Department, court officials and city leaders to develop and implement best practices and policies, raise public awareness, and create sustainable change for survivors. Through training, advocacy and research, the Alliance has been an active force in fighting for recognition of the magnitude of the problem of sexual violence in New York City (NYC).
The Alliance is one of the six New York State Department of Health designated Regional Centers for Sexual Violence Prevention serving NYC communities. As a NYC Regional Center, the Alliance implements the Alliance for Sexual Assault Prevention Program (ASAP Program) – a multi-county primary prevention initiative that includes two major components:
1. Project Dream, Own, Tell (DOT) `workshops for youth ages 13-21 that focuses on community change strategies to mobilize youth and influential adults in their lives. The focus is on marginalized and underserved communities in NYC that are at high risk of sexual assault.
2. A nightlife initiative that trains establishment staff to respond and prevent sexual misconduct in nightlife spaces.
The Senior Prevention Program Coordinator will be responsible for the overall coordination of prevention activities under the NYC Regional Prevention Center – Alliance for Sexual Assault Prevention (ASAP) Program. Coordination includes managing the Center’s sexual violence primary prevention initiatives as well as representing the Alliance at multiple coalitions/partnerships. In this role, the Senior Prevention Program Coordinator will manage the day-to-day program administration and facilitate communication between and among the subcontracting partners, consultants, funder and the Alliance in order to ensure that the program goals and objectives are met. Additionally, they will be responsible for managing training, evaluation and outreach components of the program. Coordination of other prevention opportunities may be assigned as they become available.
Major duties of the position include:
• Coordinate all prevention activities under the Alliance for Sexual Assault Prevention (ASAP) program and ensure timely completion of program activities including:
o Co-lead ASAP’s nightlife sexual violence prevention effort with partner agencies to ensure prevention activities outlined as part of the work plan are timely delivered.
o Facilitate Project DOT youth workshops, managing youth recruitment, and build/ maintain strong relationships with partner agencies.
• Facilitate communication among ASAP program partners including working closely with partners to ensure timely completion of deliverables and organize/ lead ongoing coalition/ partnership meetings.
• Coordinate program evaluation activities including collecting and compiling evaluation data from all subcontracting partner organizations, conducting focus groups and when necessary, generating summary reports in collaboration with partners.
• Prepare quarterly grant reports; and assist with preparing grant proposals upon request.
• Provide prevention training to various constituents and facilitate coalition-building activities related to this program.
• Work with the Senior Prevention Manager and Assistant Director of Prevention & Policy to manage contractors/consultants and monitor their programming and deliverables on all prevention related grants.
• Work collaboratively with program staff and consultants to ensure seamless program implementation.
• Represent the Alliance at various prevention events, conferences, coalitions and taskforces.
• Supervise prevention interns/volunteers as necessary.
• Assist with other program activities as needed; and collaborate with Alliance staff on shared program goals.
• Masters level education in public health, sociology, social work, mental health, gender studies, or related field. Bachelor’s degree will be considered for candidates with strong youth engagement and/or organizing background.
• 3 – 5 years of professional level training and experience working in the fields of public health, sexual violence, and/or community engagement/ organizing.
• Prior experience working with youth from diverse communities required.
• Demonstrated experience delivering presentations, trainings and workshops to diverse audiences.
• Prior experience managing or participating in public health related social-media campaign
• Experience and knowledge in evaluation tools and data collection methods helpful.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well independently as well as in a team in a flexible, evolving environment.
• Sensitivity to the impact of sexual violence in diverse and marginalized communities and the ability to articulate these concerns with regard to sexual violence in a sensitive and respectful manner.
• Proven ability to work in a multi-racial environment, and commitment to social justice practice.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume as a single word or pdf document to:firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Senior Prevention Program Coordinator”. Candidates may be asked to submit writing samples and supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
The Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, disability or gender identity. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.