Organization: Alexandra House, Inc. | Location: Blaine, MN
Activity Area: Shelter | Job Type: Part-time | Salary: $13.39 - $15.45 Hourly
Closing Date: 06/21/2019
Advocate positions are 10 – 20 hours/week providing individual and systems advocacy to victims of domestic and sexual violence in a trauma informed residential setting. Advocacy services include providing crisis intervention, support and referral in person and over the 24-hour help line.
• 40 hour Sexual Assault Certification
• CPR and First Aid Certified
• A minimum of one year demonstrated experience in advocating on behalf of victims of domestic and sexual violence.
• A strong commitment and passion for ending violence.
• Ability to advocate within various systems including social services, economic, housing, legal, medical and educational systems.
• Clear understanding of providing trauma informed care
• Excellent written and communication skills;
• Commitment to and experience in working with people from diverse populations and marginalized communities
Weekdays, 5pm – 10pm; overnights, 11am – 7am; weekend day, evening and overnight shifts.
Relief Staff Advocates are required to work a minimum of 10 hours each month.
Starting Salary Range:
$13.39 – $15.45 DOQ
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, ATTN: Evening Shelter Coordinator in the subject line. Open until filled.
*** No phone calls or emails please. This email address is only for receiving resumes. No additional information is known about open positions. Qualified applicants will be contacted within three business days after resumes are received.