Organization: Minnesota Indian Women’s Resource Center | Location: Minneapolis
Activity Area: | Job Type: Full-Time | Salary: Low $40,000s
The Minnesota Indian Women’s Resource Center is a non-profit organization located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. MIWRC’s mission is to empower American Indian women and families to exercise their cultural values and integrity, and to achieve sustainable lifeways, while advocating for justice and equity. Our organization employs approximately 50 people.
The Rapid Rehousing Worker will provide assistance to qualifying Native American families in Hennepin County to obtain and maintain stable, permanent affordable housing.
- Familiarity with urban Native community and/or experience working with American Indian/Alaska Native families.
- Experience working with homeless prevention, rapid rehousing and/or working with families and landlords to find housing in private, market-rate rental units.
- Bachelor’s degree in human service or related field preferred.
- Strong technology/database management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of community-based rental housing, financial assistance, and other resources.
- Valid Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record required and provide proof of auto insurance. Must have own vehicle and be willing to transport client families as needed.
- Must have no current problem related to alcohol or drug use.
- Must submit to DHS Criminal Background Study.
Demonstrated ability to:
- Maintain highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to exemplify professional conduct.
- Ability to build relationships to help families find and maintain housing.
- Ability to mediate landlord-tenant issues.
- Proficiency in multi-tasking while maintaining housing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support families in obtaining permanent housing and address barriers to housing stability.
- Coordinate intake referrals, transportation, apartment search assistance, moving assistance and any other resources for homeless families.
- Connect families to mainstream resources that will continue after the termination of services.
- Develop working relationship and establish networks with landlords throughout the metro area.
- Work closely with other MIWRC staff to coordinate direct services for clientele and homeless prevention strategies.
- Complete accurate case notes, documentation, data collection and entry into the HMIS system for assigned clients in a timely manner.
- Respond to other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
REPORTING AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Reports directly to the Vice President of Operations and has no supervisory responsibilities.
Full-time; Regular; Salaried; Exempt SALARY: Low $40,000s
HOW TO APPLY
Send Resume and cover letter to email@example.com, Minnesota Indian Women’s Resource Center, 2300 – 15th Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55404; 612-728-2000; fax 612-728-2039.
Visit www.miwrc.org to learn more about us.
Equal Opportunity Employer