Organization: Transforming Generations | Location: Saint Paul
Activity Area: queer justice, anti-violence, gender-based violence | Job Type: coordinator & advocate | Salary: 45000
Closing Date: 02/17/2021
Queer Justice Coordinator Position
The Queer Justice Coordinator works closely with the Queer Justice Director to ensure excellent services, a positive work culture, and a sustainable organization, positioning Transforming Generations as a leader in the field of gender and queer justice work including domestic violence, sexual assault and anti-violence work. This position is responsible for implementing the Queer Justice Program workplan, Transforming Generations mission and vision alongside the Queer Justice Director, including program planning & curriculum design, implementation, providing direct service, and coordinating with volunteers and interns as assigned.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
• Provides trauma-informed direct services to victim/survivors of domestic/intimate partner violence, and youth impacted by violence and families. Direct services include providing support, advocacy, crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals when needed, taking into account the participant’s whole selves and intersecting identities.
• Provides comprehensive case management for participants and helps guide them to achieve their goals using a person-centered, strength-based approach.
• Takes the appropriate steps to deal with emergency situations with the goal of maintaining safety of participant
• Maintains resource and referral information and procedures necessary to assist participants in achieving their goals
• Develop and sustain working relationships with community partners; participate in community meetings, outreach initiatives/events and conferences as assigned/needed.
• Adheres to policies and work rules including strict adherence of confidentiality policies and code of ethics.
Coordinating support groups (with psych education)
• Responsible for coordinating logistics of support group including technical assistance, facilitating, providing outreach to community partners and potential participants, and engaging innovative ideas to continue improving support group and meeting the needs of participants.
• Design and implement a curriculum for the support group
• Working alongside with volunteer/interns to help coordinate support groups
• Engage in program development of queer justice program and advocacy work with Queer Justice Director in order to sustain work and keep updated with most current issues and practices
Outreach, training & education
• Participate & facilitate community education and awareness events which may include but not limited to presenting on Domestic Violence/Intimate Partner Violence 101, LGBTQ 101, Safety Planning, and/or guest speaking for community programs, events and educational institutions.
Attend weekly 1:1 supervision
Attend weekly staff meetings and any other additional meetings as assigned
Other duties as assigned
Skills & Experience Desired:
• Part of this work will include working within school environment and will require advocate to work with all stakeholders, therefore effective communication skills and relationship building is essential for someone in this role.
• Foundational knowledge on issues of social & racial justice, anti-blackness, power and privilege as well as systems is a must.
• Looking for someone with a commitment to learning & growth, openness to receiving feedback and is flexible/adaptable to changes and unexpected situations.
• Has skills to facilitate groups and meetings, open to learning new ways of facilitating.
• Some curriculum design experiences are preferred.
Office space located on bus line, light rail and has designated parking spot for car. Building is a secure building with elevator access. Office is a shared space with other community programs.
This position may occasionally require lifting of up to 50 lbs and use of stairs.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resume, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line:
Queer Program Coordinator Position
Starting Salary: $45,000 + competitive benefits
Accepting application on rolling basis until position is filled.
Date Closed: tentatively 2/19/2021 or until filled
*** Transforming Generations is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. Transforming Generations will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based upon a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, status with regard to public assistance, age, sexual or affectional orientation, familial status, ancestry, local human rights commission activity, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other protected class. BIPOC and LGBTQ+ folks are strongly encouraged to apply.