Organization: Alexandra House, Inc. | Location: Blaine, MN
Activity Area: Shelter/Facility | Job Type: Part-time | Salary: 11.00 - $13.00 Hourly
Closing Date: 06/21/2019
Part-time position responsible for the preparation and serving of nutritious meals and snacks for shelter clients while ensuring a secure, clean, efficient kitchen and food storage areas.
• Assist in preparation and serving of nutritious meals according to posted weekly menus to include breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks on a daily basis.
• Assist in organizing and completing inventory for kitchen and food storage areas.
• Maintain a clean and organized kitchen and facility.
• Stocking of kitchen storage areas including refrigerators and freezers.
• Responsible for removing all kitchen trash, ensuring recycles items are disposed of properly.
• Accept and organize incoming food donations as needed.
• Experience in food preparation.
• ServSafe Food Handler Certification
• Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of tasks.
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to problem solve and effectively plan.
• Commitment to and experience in working with people from diverse populations.
• Ability to maintain high level of customer service and professional behavior within the kitchen.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Shifts will include a variety of weekdays, weekends and some holidays, approximately 10-15 hours a week, with the possibility to pick up additional shifts as needed.
• Weekday afternoons 3pm-6pm
• Friday, Saturday and Sunday 9:30am – 6pm
Starting Salary Range
$11.00 – $13.00 DOQ
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Margaret Andersen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission deadline is June 21, 2019.
*** No phone calls or emails please. This email address is only for receiving resumes. No additional information is known about open positions. Qualified applicants will be contacted within three business days after resumes are received.