Organization: Alexandra House | Location: BLAINE
Activity Area: Direct Service | Job Type: Part Time (Relief Staff) | Salary: $15.00 - $16.40/hour – DOQ
Closing Date: 03/01/2021
February 16, 2021
Overnight and Weekend Relief Staff Advocates
Alexandra House is seeking two weekend day overnight advocates to provide trauma informed advocacy and support services for individuals impacted by domestic and sexual violence and their families.
• Providing individual and systems advocacy to victims of domestic and sexual violence in a trauma informed residential setting
• Advocacy services include providing crisis intervention, support and referral in person and over the 24-hour help line
• A strong commitment and passion for ending violence
• Ability to advocate within various systems including social services, economic, housing, legal, medical and educational systems
• Clear understanding of providing trauma informed care
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Commitment to and experience in working with people from diverse populations and marginalized communities
• A minimum of one year demonstrated experience in advocating on behalf of victims of domestic and sexual violence
• 40 hour Sexual Assault Certification
• CPR and First Aid Certified
Available shifts include weekend days and overnight with some holidays; approximately 10-15 hours a week, with the possibility to pick up additional shifts as needed.
• Saturday and Sunday
3:30 pm – 10:00 pm
10pm – 7am
Please note: Relief Staff Advocates are required to work a minimum of 10 hours each month.
$15.00 – $16.40 per hour (DOQ)
How to Apply:
Alexandra House is an equal opportunity organization, committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Survivors and candidates from all backgrounds
are encouraged to apply.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; ATTN: Evening Shelter Coordinator in the subject line. Position open through March 1, 2021.
***No phone calls or emails please. This email address is only for receiving resumes. Qualified applicants will be contacted within one business day after resumes are received.