Organization: Tubman | Location:
Activity Area: | Job Type: Full-time | Salary: 43600 - 58000
Closing Date: 04/17/2021
Tubman is seeking an experienced Mental Health Therapist to join our outpatient clinic at Tubman Chrysalis Center in south Minneapolis. The Mental Health Therapist will provide therapy and counseling to individuals, families, and groups experiencing mental health issues, communication challenges, and/or family or other interpersonal conflict. This person will serve on the Dialectical Behavioral Therapy team (State certified DBT IOP), as well as work with the Relationship Violence Intervention Program and the Trauma programs.
Essential job duties:
• Conduct diagnostic assessments.
• Provide individual, family and group therapy.
• Provide coaching and related supportive services to participants in the mental health and/or chemical health program.
• Develop treatment plans and assists participants to work toward treatment goals.
• Complete case notes and discharge summaries.
• Facilitate groups as needed.
• Participate in weekly case consultation meetings.
• Participate in peer reviews and other quality assurance activities.
• Develop and maintain professional, collaborative relationships with participants, colleagues, and others within and outside the agency.
• Maintain a minimum average of 67.5% productivity ratio and enter accurate time and billing codes in a timely manner necessary to generate revenues to cover program expenses.
• Licensed at master’s level in Social Work, Psychology or Marriage and Family Therapy. Clinical Trainees working toward licensure are also welcome to apply.
• 2 years of experience providing individual and group therapy.
• Experience with a range of issues including affective disorders, personality disorders, trauma, violence, and co-occurring mental and chemical health disorders.
• Culturally specific experience working with people of all ages, cultural, gender, and other identities is a plus.
• Experience using a range of modalities, with defined areas of specialty.
• Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion with demonstrated experience working with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Must maintain professional licensure and/or certification throughout employment with Tubman.
• Must maintain agency, coworker, and client confidentiality and abide by the Data Privacy Act and the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act.
• Must successfully pass a Minnesota DHS Applicant Background Study and a sexual contact background check.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent computer skills and familiarity with electronic health records.
• 5 or more years of experience providing therapy services.
• Trauma treatment experience.
• Experience providing Dialectical Behavior Therapy.
• Experience supervising interns.
• LGBTQ+ and BIPOC Affirming.
Due to the pandemic, all clinical services are currently being offered via telehealth, with plans to return to in-person services when it is safe to do so. This position is temporarily non-exempt and will return to an exempt position after the pandemic.
Tubman provides ample opportunity for professional growth and a quality benefit package, including supervision toward licensure hours as needed. Salary range is $43,600 to $58,000 depending upon licensure, experience, and qualifications.
Send resumes and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or Tubman Center East, Attn: HR Dept. 1725 Monastery Way, Maplewood, MN 55109. Preference given to resumes received by April 02, 2021.
We encourage applications from people of color, multilingual speakers, people of all genders, veterans and people with disabilities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About us: Our philosophy is rooted in our inspiration and namesake, Harriet Tubman. Facing unrelenting adversities, Harriet Tubman encouraged others to simply “Keep going.” Each year, Tubman offers safety, healing and hope to over 25,000 people of all ages who are facing violence, exploitation, homelessness, addiction or mental health challenges. Our culturally responsive services are rooted in decades of research, innovation, experience, and partnership. Incorporating feedback from the people we serve and the community, Tubman provides countless ways to help. To learn more, please visit www.tubman.org.