Organization: Tubman | Location: Maplewood
Activity Area: | Job Type: Full-time | Salary: 52,000
Closing Date: 06/30/2021
Legal Services Manager
Tubman is seeking a full-time Legal Services Manager to join a collaborative team to support the agency’s mission, vision and values.
This position is designed to deliver high-quality, client-centered legal services, foster relationships with community and pro bono partners, and provide legal team leadership that facilitates growth and integrity.
Why work for Tubman?
Tubman’s vision represents the future we want for our clients and the wider community: thriving people, healthy relationships, and peaceful communities. Our mission is to advance opportunities for change so that every person can experience safety, hope, and healing. These key strategic directions guide our work:
• Provide streamlined access to exceptional, relevant services
• Engage the community to take action
• Invigorate organizational culture to sustain innovation, engagement, wellbeing, and diversity
• Strengthen the agency’s infrastructure in order to better serve
Tubman’s philosophy is rooted in our inspiration and namesake, Harriet Tubman. Facing unrelenting adversities, Harriet Tubman encouraged others to simply “Keep going.” Each year, Tubman offers safety, healing and hope to nearly 25,000 people of all ages, genders, and cultural backgrounds who are facing violence, exploitation, homelessness, addiction or mental health challenges. Our culturally responsive services are rooted in decades of research, innovation, experience, and partnership. Incorporating feedback from the people we serve and the community, Tubman provides countless ways to help.
Tubman offers a mission centered culture that values integrity, respect, innovation, partnership, and social justice. Our programs are strength-based, client-centered, and rooted in hope. Our work environment focuses on flexibility, self-care, and work-life balance for all employees.
Tubman’s Commitment to Diversity and Equity
Tubman is an affirming workplace that values people’s identities and multiple dimensions of diversity. We are fiercely committed to equity and inclusion. Tubman is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to hire a diverse workforce that reflects the people we serve. Tubman believes that diversity, equity, and inclusion amongst our staff are vital to both Tubman’s and our clients’ success. We strive to hire, develop, and retain the best people from a diverse pool of candidates. Black, Indigenous, and people of color, multilingual speakers, people of all gender identities, people with disabilities, and veterans are all encouraged to apply.
• Responsible for supervision, onboarding and ongoing training, support, oversight, and performance management of the Legal Coordinators.
• Maintain high-quality, client-focused programming and monitor effectiveness of legal service delivery.
• Screen clients and assist them through the Safety Project and Family Law intake process and determine their eligibility for Tubman programs.
• Write Safety Project case descriptions and distribute daily via e-mail to volunteer attorneys.
• Communicate regularly with the clients, advocates and volunteer attorneys.
• Conduct client evaluations and needs assessments. Refer clients to additional resources as needed.
• Coordinate the recruitment, training, and recognition of volunteer attorneys.
• Interview, train, and supervise the Safety Project Intern(s), Paralegal Interns, and Legal Services Interns.
• Facilitate referrals from grant partner agencies to evaluate eligibility and connect with Tubman services.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with partner agency staff
• Assess and pursue opportunities for program expansion.
• Maintain program records and statistics.
o Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
o 2+ years’ experience in a social service career
o 2+ years’ experience in legal field
o Experience in providing quality customer service and phone advocacy.
o Experience working with victims of domestic abuse or individuals with mental or chemical health issues, and able to manage individuals in crisis
Compensation & Benefits
The starting salary for the position is $52,000 dependent upon experience.
Tubman provides a quality benefits package that includes a highly competitive paid-time off program, multiple health plan options, employer paid dental, short and long-term disability and life insurances, as well as other optional health and wellness insurances to meet diverse employee needs, and a 401(k) plan. Tubman is a qualified employer under the Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program. In addition, you will have multiple professional development and personal growth opportunities while at Tubman.
Send resumes and cover letter to: email@example.com. Or Tubman Center East, Attn: HR Dept. 1725 Monastery Way, Maplewood, MN 55109.