Organization: Tubman | Location: Minneapolis
Activity Area: Legal Services | Job Type: Full-time | Salary: DOQ
Closing Date: 10/25/2019
Tubman is seeking a full time Legal Services Coordinator to provide administrative and program support for our Self Represented Legal Clinics, Pro Bono Family Law cases, and Family Law Legal Advice Clinics.
Other responsibilities include intake and follow up with potential clients seeking legal assistance; assisting staff attorneys with creating and updating forms, policies and procedures; updating and maintaining the legal database; assisting in training, recruitment and supervision of volunteers; scheduling of law clinics and contributing to the legal services program outcomes and the mission of the agency.
Salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications, and is accompanied by a comprehensive benefits package. This position is based at our Chrysalis location in South Minneapolis.
• Paralegal certificate or related legal experience, human services degree, or related years of service in the human services field
• Understanding of teamwork and the ability to apply teamwork with the agency
• Strong organization, communication, and computer skills
• Two years’ experience in a law office
• Experience working with volunteers
• Experience working in collaboration with various social and community services
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing in more than one language
To apply: Send resumes and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. or Tubman Center East, Attn: HR Dept. 1725 Monastery Way, Maplewood, MN 55109.
We encourage applications from people of color, multilingual speakers, people of all genders, veterans and people with disabilities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About us: Tubman’s philosophy is rooted in our inspiration and namesake, Harriet Tubman. Facing unrelenting adversities, Harriet Tubman encouraged others to simply “Keep going.” Each year, Tubman offers safety, healing and hope to over 30,000 people of all ages who are facing violence, exploitation, homelessness, addiction or mental health challenges. Our culturally responsive services are rooted in decades of research, innovation, experience, and partnership. Incorporating feedback from the people we serve and the community. Tubman provides countless ways to help. To learn more, please visit www.tubman.org.