Organization: Tubman | Location: Maplewood, MN
Activity Area: Legal | Job Type: Full Time | Salary: DOQs
Closing Date: 04/06/2019
Tubman is seeking an experienced full-time advocate to provide criminal court advocacy services in Ramsey and Washington Counties. This role is ideal for someone who likes variety, as approximately 80% of the position is devoted to direct service work, and 20% to administrative duties to support the legal team.
Primary responsibilities include ensuring that victims of domestic violence and stalking receive exceptional advocacy and support throughout their criminal court case; safety planning; preparing jail calendar by initiating contact with the victim, requesting police reports, and drafting Domestic Abuse No Contact Orders; accompanying victims to hearings; connecting clients to additional resources at Tubman or in the community; providing information and support to helpline callers; working in partnership with law enforcement, prosecutors, and court personnel; accurate and timely data entry; and contributing to successful program and agency outcomes. On occasion, this position may be called upon to provide backup coverage for teammates when caseloads are exceptionally high or to draft Orders for Protection.
This is a non-attorney position. Licensed attorneys and social workers will not be considered.
• Experience working with victim-survivors of violence.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Personal and/or professional experience with people from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues and multidisciplinary community partners.
• A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
• Undergraduate degree in related field or equivalent experience.
• Fluency in English and a second language commonly spoken in Ramsey and Washington Counties.
• Understanding of complex trauma.
• Experience managing crisis situations and effective de-escalation skills.
• Experience drafting Orders for Protection is a plus, but not required.
Salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications and is accompanied by a quality benefits package and opportunities for professional growth.
Send resumes and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or: Tubman Center East,
Attn: HR Dept. 1725 Monastery Way, Maplewood, MN 55109
The position will be open until filled. Preference will be given to resumes received by March 15, 2019.
We encourage applications from people of color, multilingual speakers, people of all genders, veterans, and people with disabilities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.