Organization: Cornerstone Advocacy Service | Location: Bloomington, MN
Activity Area: Employment and other Related | Job Type: Human Resources | Salary: DOQ + Benefits
Closing Date: 03/27/2020
The Human Resources Assistant position acts as first point of contact for the Human Resources department; supporting recruitment of non-exempt and exempt positions; posting jobs on internal and external job boards; conducting orientation; following up and requesting hiring updates; responding to recruiting process questions from managers; preparing and mailing offer letters; entering payroll information into spreadsheet and HRIS; and assisting in administering employee benefits. The Human Resources Assistant will also provide administrative assistance to the Executive Director with assigned administrative duties. Accomplishes human resources department and organization mission by completing related results as needed. At Cornerstone, it’s not just a job; it’s a career.
Reporting & Supervision: The Human Resources Assistant will report to the HR Manager and provide administrative assistance to the Executive Director with assigned administrative duties. No direct reports are associated with this position.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field with minimum of one year of professional work experience are required. Equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities are preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Receive and process new Request for Job Posting to include posting and managing jobs on internal and external sites.
• Use HRIS databases to review, input and keep track of employee information.
• Track recruiting progress by initiating updates with hiring managers.
• Coordinate the completion of hiring documents, paperwork and forms.
• Ensure all candidates’ cover letters, resumes, Application for Employment are turned into Human Resources for Affirmative Action Report.
• Ensure approval of Proposal to Hire, prior to creating offer letters.
• Mail and email offer letters, job description, summary of benefits, and list of acceptable documents for Form I-9 to new hire.
• Assist management, coordinators, and supervisors with succession plan as needed.
• Interacts with and supplies information to job applicants, Cornerstone management team, hiring managers, coordinators, supervisors, employees, public and private individuals.
• Maintains high standards of confidentiality of all employee records and information.
• Assist with onboarding new hire and exit surveys.
• Manage the logistics for the employee onboarding program to newly/recently-hired employees and special HR programs which may include wellness events.
• Conduct E-verify, background checks, and State of Minnesota new hire reporting.
• Perform new hire in ADP systems data entry and personnel file maintenance.
• Assist with Benefits administration and Payroll process.
• Reconcile HR vendor invoicing and payments.
• Draft, maintain and support a variety of records, reports, and logs.
• Support regular and ad hoc HR projects.
• Perform other duties to be assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field with minimum of one year of professional work experience are required. Equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities are preferred. Non-profit experience is a plus, but not required. Must be detailed oriented with strong attention to accuracy and problem solving. Must take initiative; be customer-service oriented with ability to follow up, resolve and close all issues in a timely manner. Well-developed administrative and analytical skills with the ability to handle multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
Excellent communication, personal leadership, interpersonal, and good organizational skills. Professional level of confidentiality in handling employee information with the ability to work independently and organize time effectively are required. Must be able to professionally interact effectively with all levels of management. Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word are vital in this position. Relationship building and a team player with employees and programs.
• Excellent verbal, written, and in-person communication skills.
• Champion in promoting organizational culture, ethical practice, respect, teambuilding, and open door policy.
• Broad knowledge and understanding of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities and those who may be Deaf/Hard of Hearing, to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use manual dexterity for use of objects, tools or controls as well as visual acuity. The employee is required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The employee should always request assistance if any object needs to be lifted and the employee feels that their capabilities are such that the specific item to be lifted is beyond the employees abilities. No employee should attempt to lift more than what is comfortable for them. If such a situation should arise the employee should notify their supervisor to find help with lifting any item regardless of weight if the object to be lifted is awkward or difficult to lift in any way.
Cornerstone strives for a fully inclusive work environment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, familial or marital status, and/or with regard to public assistance or any other characteristic. These statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of this position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Cornerstone is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Cornerstone offers a generous salary and benefits package which includes Holiday Pay, PTO, 401K, Birthday Day Off, etc.
RESUMES without COVER LETTERS will not be reviewed or considered for employment at Cornerstone Advocacy Service. Please e-mail your COVER LETTER AND RESUME to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agencies; No walk-ins; No phone calls please.