Organization: Minnesota Indian Women’s Resource Center | Location: Minneapolis
Activity Area: | Job Type: Full-Time | Salary: $42,000
Thank you for considering joining the Minnesota Indian Women’s Resource Center. MIWRC appreciates and values the wisdom of our community. We work with our clients and partners to deliver a comprehensive array of services and maintain an extensive referral network to fully meet the needs of the women and families we serve. We treat everyone who walks through our doors with dignity and respect and strive to maintain a safe environment for all of our clients.
The mission of the Minnesota Indian Women’s Resource Center (MIWRC) is to empower American Indian women and families to exercise their cultural values and integrity, and to achieve sustainable life ways, while advocating for justice and equity.
The Housing Outreach Worker is responsible for coordinating case management, supportive services, referrals and activities for homeless American Indian adults and families. The Housing Outreach Worker will utilize a Harm Reduction/Housing First model to provide services to these individuals. Housing Outreach Worker will make and monitor referrals to support quality of life improvements, help clients find and referral-options that meet their individual needs/capabilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
Support Case Management Services
- Conduct intake interviews and determine eligibility based on program target population and criteria.
- Assist participants with all needed documents to apply for any benefits or services.
- Maintain and make use of case records or notes at every contact.
- Establish an ongoing rapport (professional relationship) with residents which promotes a level of trust and respect for all.
- Provide intervention relating to disputes between clients and service providers.
- Determine appropriate responses for problem behaviors and make appropriate referrals monitoring follow through.
- Record and provide to stakeholders the needed data of program statistics.
- Schedule, remind and help make transportation available for clients to and from appointments.
Coordinate Support Services and Activities
- Provide information and referrals services to clients about services and programs within the community.
- Develop, implement and maintain appropriate social and cultural activities for clients based on client interest.
Support Program Administration
- Actively participate in staff meetings and in-service training sessions.
- Assist with communication and involvement with staff, property management, outside agencies/organizations.
- Maintain highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to exemplify professional conduct and boundaries and handle stressful situations well.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience working with American Indian community.
- Experience working with street outreach, rapid rehousing and/or housing advocacy.
- Valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record required and provide proof of auto insurance.
- Must be willing to submit and pass DHS Criminal Background Study.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to HR@miwrc.org, MIWRC, 2300 15th Avenue S., Minneapolis, MN 55404; 612-728-2000; fax 612-728-2039.
Visit www.miwrc.org to learn more about us.
Equal Opportunity Employer