Organization: Alexandra House, Inc. | Location: Blaine
Activity Area: Shelter | Job Type: Full Time | Salary: $31,250 - 37,500.00
Closing Date: 11/22/2019
November 7, 2019
Full-time Overnight Shelter Advocate
Alexandra House is seeking two full-time overnight advocates to provide trauma informed advocacy and support services for individuals impacted by domestic and sexual violence and their families.
• Provide individual advocacy within a residential setting
• Enhance existing and foster new community relationships and partnerships
• Educate community members and professionals about domestic and sexual violence and Alexandra House services
• Coordinate services with other community and county-based agencies on behalf of clients
• Collect and monitor data for reporting purposes.
• A strong commitment and passion for ending violence
• Commitment to and experience in working with people from diverse populations and marginalized communities
• Knowledge of various systems including legal/criminal justice, health care and social services
• Experience in providing advocacy and understanding the needs, options and resources available for persons impacted by
domestic violence and sexual abuse
• Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with individuals, community partners, and systems representatives
• Ability to problem solve and make decisions individually and within a team
• Strong ability to organize, schedule and prioritize tasks
• Ability to handle client information with complete confidentiality
• Excellent written communication and organizational skills
• Demonstrated computer experience
Preferred Candidate Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Bilingual in English and one of the prevalent languages in our service delivery area (i.e. Spanish, Somali, Arabic, Oromo)
• Completion of 40-hour state-mandated sexual assault advocacy training
Starting Salary Range
$31,250 – $37,500 DOQ, along with an excellent benefits package including health and dental Insurance, retirement plan with employer match, paid holidays, paid vacation and medical, life insurance, short term and long-term disability insurance.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume by November 22, 2019 to Jane, Shelter Program Supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
***No phone calls or emails please. This email address is only for receiving resumes. Qualified applicants will be contacted within three business days after resumes are received.