Organization: Southwest Crisis Center | Location: Worthington, MN
Activity Area: Finance | Job Type: Full-Time | Salary: $52,000-$68,640
Closing Date: 10/15/2020
The Southwest Crisis Center (SWCC) is a non-profit organization that serves individuals experiencing domestic and sexual violence, sex trafficking, and child abuse in Southwest Minnesota. Our mission is to end domestic and sexual violence and exploitation for all people. We seek to empower and support survivors’ safety, healing, rights, and autonomy while working to transform institutions and public policy by acknowledging the need for social change.
Hours: Full time exempt, 40 hours/week generally 8 am – 4:30 pm with some evening and weekend hours related to deadlines and agency needs. Position will be hybrid with home and in-office hours.
The Finance Manager ensures that financial and accounting functions are performed in accordance with standard accounting procedures and that the financial data accurately reflects the condition of the organization and provides reliable information necessary to control operations and make informed business decisions. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, entering and tracking expenses and receipts, identifying areas for cost reductions, grant financial reporting, and assisting with the annual audit process.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain a complete and accurate general ledger in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Work with administrative assistant to enter monitor expenses and income into (Quickbooks) accounting program.
- Pay bills, write checks and make deposits on a weekly basis.
- Process bi-weekly payroll, including payroll taxes and fringe benefits allocations.
- Track and manage all grant funding in collaboration with agency leadership team, including monthly grant reporting, desk reviews, and reconciliations.
- Prepare financial reports for leadership team and board of directors on a monthly basis.
- Maintain petty cash for all five county offices and reconcile on a monthly basis.
- Have a solid understanding of cost allocation methods.
- Reconcile accounts using appropriate judgment to ensure all account activity is correctly classified.
- Prepare and monitor all grant budgets in collaboration with SWCC leadership team.
- Process journal entries in accordance with GAAP and SWCC accounting policies.
- Evaluate existing systems and provide ongoing recommendations for new practices, procedures, and systems.
- Provide a high level of customer service to internal staff as well as external clients with regard to finance/accounting issues.
- Coordinate annual audits and tax preparation needs, including agency 990s, W-2s and 1099s reporting.
- Update and maintain agency financial protocol annually.
- Other financial duties may be required depending on agency need.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Ability to develop and adhere to policies and procedures, including developing new financial policies and procedures as needed.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of GAAP.
- Experience in QuickBooks online version or similar program.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and the ability to work with its tables function.
- Strong sense of ethics and integrity and ability to main confidentiality around the sensitive nature of the SWCC’s work.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field preferred or associate’s degree and 5 years of accounting experience. Experience working with nonprofits but we will hire and train the right person.
Salary and Benefits
This is a salaried position and includes benefits. Starting salary $52,000-$68,640 DOQ.
Send application, cover letter, resume, and five references (at least three should be professional/job related) to Sara Wahl, Executive Director, PO Box 111, Worthington, MN 56187 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin Oct. 15 and will be posted until filled.