Organization: Alexandra House, Inc. | Location: Blaine, Minnesota
Activity Area: | Job Type: Direct Service | Salary: $32,000-$38,600 DOQ
Closing Date: 07/19/2019
July 8, 2019
Established in 1977, Alexandra House is one of the largest, comprehensive domestic and sexual violence organizations in Minnesota; and the only one in Anoka County. We offer a continuum of trauma informed services to victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual violence, dating violence, and abuse in later life.
Full-time non-exempt position providing trauma informed advocacy and support services to families residing in a 24-hour emergency shelter. Services include identifying and assisting families in accessing resources that support the family; coordinating services with other agencies; support group facilitation; occasional childcare; planning and implementing child/youth activities; and coordinating educational options available to youth residing in the shelter.
• Strong understanding of the impact of violence and trauma on children/youth and families.
• Clear understanding of providing trauma informed care.
• Minimum one year demonstrated experience working with children/youth/families that have experienced violence and trauma in their lives.
• Understanding of child/youth development with demonstrated experience in support group facilitation.
• Knowledge of and ability to advocate within various systems including social service, economic, legal, medical and educational systems.
• Ability to problem solve and make decisions individually and within a team.
• Proficient computer use in Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Commitment to and experience in working with people from diverse populations and marginalized communities.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• 40-hour sexual assault certification
• Prior experience providing direct advocacy to victims of domestic and/or sexual violence in a residential setting
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday 9 am – 5:30 pm, Thursday 1 pm – 8:30 pm
Starting Salary Range
$32,000 – $38,600 DOQ, along with an excellent benefits package including health and dental Insurance, retirement plan with employer match, paid holidays, paid vacation and medical, life insurance, short term and long-term disability insurance.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume Attn: Jane Heidi at email@example.com. Submission deadline is July 22, 2019.
***No phone calls or emails please. This email address is only for receiving resumes. Qualified applicants will be contacted within three business days after resumes are received.