Organization: Minnesota Coalition Against Sexual Assault | Location: St. Paul, MN
Activity Area: Executive | Job Type: Full-Time | Salary: $100,000-$120.000
- In conjunction with the Board of Directors, staff and membership, develop and execute a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization.
- Provide operational leadership to staff to implement annual work plans tied to the strategic goals. Direct and oversee operations and programs.
- Lead organizational and programmatic change; evaluate and track progress.
- Establish a positive, healthy and collaborative work environment that attracts, retains, and motivates staff.
- Support and further a positive work environment that encourages respect, equality, diversity, and professional development.
- Provide opportunity for ongoing professional development of staff, and support staff in obtaining and enhancing their skills to perform the organization’s work.
- Implement an ongoing performance process for all staff which includes: evaluation, monitoring, coaching and mentoring, and performance review.
- Serve as the public face of MNCASA to member programs, advocates, partner coalitions, funders, legislators, victims/survivors of sexual violence, media, and the public on a community, state, and national level.
- Build and support MNCASA’s statewide membership while growing connection to national networks.
- Participate and be the organization’s representative in local, regional and national activities related to the work of MNCASA in partnership with staff.
- Engage new partners working in related fields and on other social justice issues.
- Enhance the organization’s fund development activities by overseeing a planned strategy and monitoring related activities and results.
- Participate in the cultivation of relationship building with new and diverse sources for organizational support.
- Be active in major gifts fundraising to better diversify the organization’s streams of resources.
Board Relations & Support
- Develop Board leadership.
- Provide general support to the Board and its committees.
- Assist in attracting, recruiting and orienting new board members.
Finance and Administration
- Oversee finance and reporting, and budget development.
- Ensure timely financial reporting in accordance with GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles); strong internal controls to mitigate the risk of fraud; and compliance with funder expectations and contractual and grant requirements.
- Ensure the financial stability of the agency, solicit and manage grants, expand fundraising capabilities, and identify new sources of revenue to support the growth of the organization.
- Be an effective leader on issues of public policy, legislation, and law-making strategies impacting sexual violence and prevention.
- Lead in promoting messaging and providing expertise, input and testimony on behalf of MNCASA membership and stakeholders on issues relating to sexual violence.
Important qualifications for this role include:
- An educational background related to the work of MNCASA and a non-profit leadership role.
- Significant experience in a senior management position in a related type of organization, preferably sexual assault or related advocacy work within the nonprofit sector.
- An understanding of sexual violence and its root causes and a dedication and passion to end it.
- Understanding of emerging issues in the field and the intersections with other social justice issues.
- Knowledge of local, state, and national legislative processes is valuable as is the ability to work with legislative officials to promote the work and agenda of MNCASA and its membership.
- Effective fundraising skills and the ability to inspire a diverse set of donors to invest in the mission of MNCASA
- Experience executing a variety of approaches to fundraising and donor development.
- Experience managing an organization’s finances and setting and managing annual budgets. Experience working with or for a Board of Directors.
The new Executive Director will possess the following characteristics:
- A visionary style that brings people together to support the mission.
- Passion for building a team environment, and supporting a collaborative work culture across multiple disciplines and office locations.
- Because MNCASA represents a coalition of members, the Executive Director will be a collaborative leader and consensus builder to assure a strong relationship and coordinated effort within the coalition.
- MNCASA seeks a positive change maker, and an empowering positive leader capable of driving change both within and outside the organization.
- Proven ability to successfully supervise, manage, and develop staff, and commitment to ongoing learning and development.
- A style that values creativity and innovation.
- Commitment to uphold the highest standards of ethics, accountability, and transparency.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to inspire the trust and confidence of the organization, public, and client communities. This includes excellent written and verbal communications skills including facilitation and public speaking.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The target compensation range is $100,000-$120,000 annually along with participation in the organization’s comprehensive benefits program.
The benefits program includes generous paid time-off (6-plus weeks annually), along with paid holidays, a retirement plan with organizational match, health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield, organizational-paid dental insurance, organization-paid life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance and a comprehensive EAP.
Ballinger|Leafblad welcomes you to contact us for more information:
Marcia Ballinger, PhD
Lars Leafblad, MBA