Organization: Alexandra House, Inc. | Location: Anoka, MN
Activity Area: Community | Job Type: Full Time | Salary: 35,000.00 - 42,000.00 Yearly
Full-time, non-exempt position responsible for assisting in the development and coordination of Alexandra House’s Elder Abuse Program, providing trauma-informed case management, advocacy, and support to victims of abuse in later life, conducting outreach and building/enhancing relationships within the senior services community, and providing community education and professional training around elder abuse.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Two plus years’ experience providing trauma-informed advocacy to victims/survivors of abuse
• Understanding of the needs, options, and resources available to victims/survivors of abuse in later life
• Commitment to and experience in working with people from diverse populations and marginalized communities
• Knowledge of and ability to advocate within various systems including social service, economic, legal, medical and healthcare systems
• Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with individuals, community partners, and systems representatives
• Ability to problem solve, effectively plan and prioritize, make decisions individually and within a team
• Ability to handle client information with complete confidentiality
• Excellent written communication and public speaking skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to travel to multiple locations
• 40-hour sexual assault certification
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of providing advocacy to victims/survivors of elder abuse.
• Experience conducting outreach to marginalized communities
Monday-Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm with occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
Starting Salary Range
$35,000 – $42,000 DOQ, along with an excellent benefits package including health and dental Insurance, retirement plan with employer match, paid holidays, paid vacation and medical, life insurance, short term and long-term disability insurance.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume Attn: Sue Redmond at email@example.com. Position open until filled.
***No phone calls or emails please. This email address is only for receiving resumes. Qualified applicants will be contacted within three business days after resumes are received.