Organization: Alexandra House, Inc. | Location: Anoka, MN
Activity Area: Community | Job Type: Full Time | Salary: 35,000.00 - 42,000.00 Yearly
Closing Date: 03/24/2020
March 10, 2020
Elder Abuse Services Coordinator (Level I)
Full-time, non-exempt position responsible for assisting in the development and coordination of Alexandra House’s Elder Abuse Program. This position is located at our office in the city of Anoka.
• Provide trauma-informed case management, advocacy, and support to victims of abuse in later life
• Conduct outreach while building/enhancing relationships within the senior services community
• Provide community education and professional training around elder abuse.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Two plus years’ experience providing trauma-informed advocacy to victims/survivors of abuse
• Understanding of the needs, options, and resources available to victims/survivors of abuse in later life
• Commitment to and experience in working with people from diverse populations and marginalized communities
• Knowledge of and ability to advocate within various systems including social service, economic, legal, medical and healthcare systems
• Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with individuals, community partners, and systems representatives
• Ability to problem solve, effectively plan and prioritize, make decisions individually and within a team
• Ability to handle client information with complete confidentiality
• Excellent written communication and public speaking skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to travel to multiple locations
• 40-hour state mandated sexual assault certification
• Bilingual in English and one of the prevalent languages in our service delivery area.
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of providing advocacy to victims/survivors of elder abuse.
• Experience conducting outreach to marginalized communities
Monday-Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm with occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
Starting Salary Range
$35,000 – $42,000 DOQ, along with an excellent benefits package including health and dental Insurance, retirement plan with employer match, paid holidays, paid vacation and medical, life insurance, short term and long-term disability insurance.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume Attn: Sue Redmond at email@example.com. Submission deadline is March 24, 2020.
No phone calls or emails please. This email address is only for receiving resumes. Qualified applicants will be contacted within three business days after resumes are received.