Organization: Alexandra House, Inc. | Location: Anoka
Activity Area: | Job Type: Full Time | Salary: $32,000.00 - 38,600.00
Closing Date: 10/21/2019
Full-time, non-exempt position responsible for helping support the fundraising efforts of Alexandra House, Inc. as a member of the Communications, Marketing, and Development team.
• Provide assistance to the Executive Director and Communications Marketing Director.
• Serve as a frontline contact for donors (material and monetary) and volunteers with regard to their contributions and engagement with the organization.
• Accurate and timely data entry of donor and gift information.
• Dissemination of regular donor letters, and collaborating with the teams to identify fundraising trends, issues and opportunities.
• This position works primarily with donors, volunteers, board and committee members, and Alexandra House staff.
• One year of direct experience within a nonprofit development department OR two years of progressive job related experience as an Administrative Assistant.
• Commitment to and experience in working with people from diverse populations and marginalized communities.
• Ability to problem solve, effectively plan and prioritize, make decisions individually and within a team.
• Ability to handle donor information with complete confidentiality.
• Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Robust knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
• Familiarity and comfort using databases (donor database: eTapestry, Greater Giving).
• Ability to travel to multiple locations.
• Knowledge of issues specifically related to domestic and sexual violence.
• Thorough knowledge of development practices and fundraising strategies.
• Strong copywriting and editing experience.
• Solid organization skills and impeccable attention to detail and accuracy.
• Strong time management skills, with ability to make decisions about how to manage multiple tasks
• Demonstrated analytical and relationship building skills, with the ability to recognize and prioritize opportunities to achieve goals.
Monday-Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm with evenings and weekends as needed.
Starting Salary Range
$32,000 – $38,600 DOQ, along with an excellent benefits package including health and dental Insurance, retirement plan with employer match, paid holidays, paid vacation and medical, life insurance, short term and long-term disability insurance.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume Attn: Tina Bronson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission deadline is October 21, 2019.
***No phone calls or emails please. This email address is only for receiving resumes. Qualified applicants will be contacted within three business days after resumes are received.