Organization: 360 Communities | Location: Eagan
Activity Area: | Job Type: Family Services | Salary: 18.54/hr
Closing Date: 12/21/2019
Domestic and Sexual Violence Advocate
Full-time Monday- Friday 2:30pm to 10:30pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Demonstrate commitment to the agency’s mission statement and core values at all times. The mission statement is “360 Communities delivers safety and stability that improves lives.”
2. Maintains safety and security within the Lewis House.
3. Completes intakes with individuals and families seeking services.
4. Provides appropriate services in response to intake, either through connecting to services within 360 Communities or on a referral basis to outside agencies.
5. Maintains accurate logs and date for statistical purposes as well as narratives for service delivery provisions.
6. Provides support as identified in Intake forms.
7. Collects data with respect to the program evaluation including assessment date, progress, and support provided.
8. Respond to the hospital for domestic and sexual assault exams during scheduled work times, and/or as directed by the supervisor.
9. Arranges for and accompanies individuals to appointments when necessary.
10. Attends and participates in staff meetings.
11. Participates in implementation of activities for individuals and their families utilizing services.
12. Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as the need is apparent or as requested or delegated.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University, or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience being self-directed, motivated and ability to demonstrate nonjudgmental professional decision making skills.
• Secondary language preferred.
• Experience with socially, economically or culturally diverse populations.
• Computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and use of database systems.
Professional Abilities and Skills
• Interpersonal: Work with integrity. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Understand and comply with professional ethics and standards of practice. Contribute to building positive team spirit and put success of team above own interests. Recognize accomplishments of other team members. Seek increased responsibilities. Look for and takes advantage of opportunities. Ask for and offers help when needed.
• Work: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited direction may exist. Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills. Display original thinking and creativity. Include appropriate people in decision-making process. Adapt to changes, delays, or unexpected events in the work environment.
Ability to keep accurate and complete work records. Support cost saving measures. Set and achieve challenging goals. Ability to provide supervision and coaching to support service volunteers.
• Time Management: Prioritize and plan work activities. Use time efficiently. Arrive punctually each workday; complete assigned tasks within required time frame.
• Communication: Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification. Present and interpret numerical data and written information effectively.
• Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires respect, trust and motivates others to perform well and fulfill vision. Effectively influence actions and opinions of others. Accepts feedback from others. Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates. Gives appropriate recognition to others. Displays passion and optimism.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Must possess and maintain a valid Minnesota driver’s license.
• Must possess Personal Auto Insurance limits of $100,000/$300,000/$100,000 or a combined single limit of $300,000.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
• Typical office environment, exposure to fax machines and copiers, computers, scanners and printers.
• Shelter environment.
• Work requires a high level of emotional capacity.
• Requires hearing traumatic and personal life stories.
• Employee is subject to minimal noise level.
• While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb stairs, bend, kneel, sit on the floor, use hands to write, type, use computers and lift up to 25 lbs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply online at https://360communities.org/about/employment/employment-application/.