Organization: HOPE Center | Location: Faribault, MN
Activity Area: Advocacy | Job Type: Full-Time | Salary:
The mission of HOPE Center is to create zero tolerance for sexual and domestic violence through Healing, Outreach, Prevention and Education. Through innovative programming, we offer direct support to victims of violence in Rice County, collaborative support to other organizations that serve victims, and educational support to the entire community. www.hopecentermn.org
Job Title: Community Service Coordinator
Reports to Executive Director
To create and implement an integrated, victim centered response to sexual assault that is inclusive of all communities and promotes healing, justice, and accountability.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Rice County SMART [Sexual Assault Multidisciplinary Action Response Team] Mission:
To create and implement an integrated, victim-centered response to sexual assault that is inclusive of all communities and promotes healing, justice and accountability.
- Coordinate team meetings: convene and organize, produce agendas, minutes, and other mailings. Create and maintain collaborative relationships with all stakeholders.
- Administer and implement the 8-step protocol in concert with the SMART team.
- Network, outreach, and communicate with agencies, systems, and community members to gather input on improving the response to victims of sexual assault in Rice County.
- Coordinate with the Sexual Violence Justice Institute (SVJI)
Sexual Assault Advocacy and Community Services:
- Be the primary advocate to respond to sexual assault and to provide sexual assault forensic exam advocacy.
- Provide advocacy as needed to primary and secondary survivors of intimate violence who call or visit the Center during office hours. Advocacy services may include legal advocacy, crisis counseling and intervention, and coordination of services.
- Provide advocacy during evidentiary exams.
- Assist clients with obtaining DANCO’s, writing and filing Orders for Protection, and Harassment Restraining Orders.
- Perform domestic violence and sexual assault training sessions for other professionals and interested parties in the community.
- Conduct community outreach activities, provide community education and coordinate prevention activities.
- Create and maintain collaborative relationships with other agencies.
- Coordinate special projects (including SAAM).
- Disseminate information to HOPE Center staff.
- Provide Back-Up Advocacy as needed following a rotating calendar.
- Arrange and perform Safe Home placements as needed.
- Comply with HOPE Center’s mission, policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Participate in HOPE Center programs, administration, and activities as needed and as defined by the Executive Director.
- Participate in other HOPE Center programs, administration, and activities as needed and as defined by the Executive Director.
- Assist the Executive Director in coordinating the twice yearly 40 hour Volunteer Training
- In conjunction with the Blueprint Coordinator assist the Blueprint team and work group activities to monitor the local Blueprint. Maintain databases, track and report statistical information. Monitor and report on all Blueprint data to appropriate stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Program development, strategic planning, and system-based organization skills.
- Experience providing logistical support for meetings and training events.
- Strong group facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Good organizational and coordinating skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Experience in public speaking.
- Ability to work in a team management style of administration.
- Well-organized, analytical, and diplomatic.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to analyze and synthesize complex information from multiple sources.
- Demonstrated experience in working with diverse groups of people toward
- Appropriate boundaries.
- Creativity and flexibility.
- Working knowledge of providing advocacy to primary and secondary survivors of domestic violence, sexual abuse, and child abuse.
- Working knowledge of battered women’s experiences and the dynamics of battering and other forms of domestic violence.
- Working knowledge of the local criminal legal system process and the capacity to work effectively with each participating agency.
Survivors and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
All HOPE Center staff must have (or acquire) training in sexual assault and domestic violence issues as provided by The HOPE Center.
This is a 40-hour per week position with benefits.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
1003 7th St. NW,
Faribault, MN 55021
or e-mail email@example.com.