Organization: Tubman | Location: Maplewood
Activity Area: Community Service | Job Type: Full-time | Salary: $19 - $20.50/hr.
Closing Date: 04/30/2021
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Tubman is seeking a full time Community Outreach Coordinator to supervise, train, schedule, and provide consultation to volunteers and interns providing exceptional service, safety planning, resources, and support to clients using Harriet’s Closet, our 24/7 crisis line, and drop in locations. This position also provides some direct service to people of all ages who have experienced or are at risk for relationship violence, exploitation, homelessness, mental or chemical health challenges, or other trauma.
• Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, sociology, youth development, human services or related field, or equivalent lived or field experiences.
• Two years supervisory experience.
• Personal and/or professional experience with people from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues and multidisciplinary community partners.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, deadlines, and data and outcome reporting.
• Ability to engage individuals and families in services that encourage safer relationships and support goal attainment.
• Experience and knowledge on family violence, youth development, complex trauma, and homelessness.
• Strength in individual case management, group facilitation, and problem-solving skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and database experience.
• Graduate degree in related field, or equivalent years of lived or field experience.
• Fluency in English and a second language commonly used in the Twin Cities Metro.
• Experience in implementing interventions to support complex trauma.
Salary range is $19 – $20.50 per hour, dependent upon experience and qualifications, and is accompanied by a quality benefits package and opportunities for professional growth.
Leads: Volunteers and interns
Reports to: Senior Director of Housing and Youth Development
To apply: Send resumes and cover letter to: email@example.com or Tubman Center East, Attn: HR Dept. 1725 Monastery Way, Maplewood, MN 55109.
We encourage applications from people of color, multilingual speakers, people of all genders, veterans and people with disabilities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About us: Tubman’s philosophy is rooted in our inspiration and namesake, Harriet Tubman. Facing unrelenting adversities, Harriet Tubman encouraged others to simply “Keep going.” Each year Tubman provides safety, hope, and healing to over 25,000 people of all ages, genders, and cultural backgrounds who are facing violence, exploitation, homelessness, addiction or mental health challenges. Our culturally responsive services are rooted in decades of research, innovation, experience, and partnership. Incorporating feedback from the people we serve and the community, Tubman provides countless ways to help. To learn more, please visit www.tubman.org.