Organization: MNCASA | Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Activity Area: | Job Type: Part-time/Internship/Volunteer | Salary:
MNCASA is seeking a talented graphic design student with both interest and enthusiasm digital and web design, with some print involved. This position would be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day content creation for our website and social media platforms along with working with the department to develop messaging and media for the organization. MNCASA will provide the intern with professional development opportunities within the nonprofit field. Additionally, the intern will gain an understanding of the history of the anti-sexual violence movement in Minnesota and the growth of the organization within the movement.
- Assist the Communications and Marketing Specialist to organize and monitor press coverage;
- Work with the Communications and Development Director to maintain and distribute a calendar of all communications efforts;
- Work with the Communications and Development Director and the Communications and Marketing Specialist to create graphics, banners, and other assets for day-to-day marketing campaigns;
- Maintain contact database for agency of partners, local providers, volunteers, clients, and local media outlets;
- Assist in the design, creation, and management of marketing emails, social media graphics, and other assets;
- Assist with record keeping, research, and various data entry related to agency marketing and communications;
- Various administrative tasks.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and database software;
- Ability to work well with staff, member programs, and the general public;
- Support for and adherence to the MNCASA mission and philosophy statement; and
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities, prioritize work, meet deadlines; and ensure quality work.
Days and Hours:
The internship is open to applicants year-round, and candidates will be considered on an as-needed basis. Internships within Communications and Development last a minimum of 4 months and require between 10-20 hours per week (Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.).
MNCASA offers ongoing unpaid internships designed to expose qualified applicants to aspects of the nonprofit industry. The internships are intended for those who are serious about pursuing their chosen field that aligns with the internship responsibilities. Benefits of an internship at MNCASA include a great hands-on learning experience at a thirty-year-old nonprofit anti-sexual violence organization, exposure to coalition operations, and the ability to network with a wide variety of individuals. College credit may also be available.
Please send a cover letter, resume with references, and contact information in an email with the subject “Communications and Marketing Intern” to firstname.lastname@example.org; or mail to MNCASA, ATTN: “Communications and Marketing Intern”, 161 St. Anthony Ave, Ste. 1001, Saint Paul, MN 55103.