Organization: MNCASA | Location: St. Paul, MN
Activity Area: | Job Type: Full-time, Exempt, Benefits-Eligible | Salary: $47,500 - $50,000
The Communications and Design Specialist is a full-time (1.0 FTE), benefits eligible, exempt position. This position will work closely with the Communications and Development Director to ensure that MNCASA’s mission and messages are represented accurately and effectively , and will assist with planning and logistics of events, trainings, and webinars. This position plays a critical role in raising the public’s awareness and understanding of MNCASA, its programming, and its impact.
- In collaboration with the Communications and Development Director:
- Manage brand strategy for MNCASA as a whole and its programs, and ensure consistent branding for specific events.
- Strategically manage MNCASA’s online presence through its website, social media, SEO work, and google ads for nonprofits.
- Provide timely respones to inquiries and comments received via social networks.
- Manage MNCASA’s website (e.g., updating/creating pages and resources, working with vendor on redesign, and coordinating planning team).
- Develop, review, and disseminate written materials for MNCASA across various platforms including newsletters, e-blasts, press releases, pitch letters, annual reports, brochures, invitations, blogs, and public service announcements.
- Maintain updated media contact list and records of media coverage of MNCASA.
- Develop, copyedit, and disseminate public relations materials that increase MNCASA’s visibility among stakeholders and lawmakers.
- Generate visual and graphic designs, informational graphics, videos, and social media posts to tell effective organizational stories on web sites and in various on-line communication vehicles.
- Maintain and distribute a calendar of all communication efforts, and ensure all trainings, events, and activities are posted on community, membership, and required Office of Justice Program calendars.
- Work with program staff to develop branded materials, and set up training/webinar registration pages in Coalition Manager 2.0.
- Create print materials (e.g., stationary, business cards, brochures, signage, banners, event programs, etc.) and coordinate printing and procurement, including: soliciting bids, managing files and deadlines, and delivery.
- Maintain, update, and manage donor database, contact database, and list-serves for partners, local providers, volunteers, donors, members, and local media outlets.
- Create and coordinate email announcements (e.g., newsletters, employment opportunities, blogs, events, etc.) for the entire organization.
- Assist with annual fundraising appeal and other donor communications.
- Assist with MNCASA’s AWARE, Symposium, National Institute, and other major events as available and needed.
- Minimum of three years experience in communications and/or graphic design, and the creation of professional communications and marketing materials
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite software
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage projects with varying deadlines
- Previous experience with managing social media in a professional capacity
- Previous experience with Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, and other e-communication software
- Previous experience with WordPress and/or other website editing software
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to build rapport and work well with various stakeholders
- A passion for MNCASA’s mission and programming
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, graphic design, or a related field a plus.
- Previous experience in advocacy, sexual assault, or similar field a plus.
Communications and Development Director
All positions at MNCASA are funded through a variety of state and federal grant funds. Unanticipated changes in funding may affect positions at MNCASA. All positions are classified as “at will.”
Please send a cover letter, resume with references, and contact information in an email with the subject “Communications and Design Specialist” to email@example.com; or mail to MNCASA, Attn: Communications and Design Specialist Search, 161 St. Anthony Avenue, Suite 1001, Saint Paul, MN 55103.