Organization: Alexandra House, Inc. | Location: Blaine, Minnesota
Activity Area: | Job Type: Direct Service | Salary: $35,000-$42,000 DOQ
Closing Date: 07/19/2019
July 8, 2019
Established in 1977, Alexandra House is one of the largest, comprehensive domestic and sexual violence organizations in Minnesota; and the only one in Anoka County. We offer a continuum of trauma informed services to victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual violence, dating violence, and abuse in later life.
Aging Services Coordinator
Full-time non-exempt position providing leadership, advocacy and coordination of aging services programming to ensure quality services are provided to clients. Provide trauma informed advocacy and support services in a variety of settings.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Two plus years experience providing trauma informed advocacy to victims/survivors of abuse
• Well-developed understanding of the needs, options, and resources available to victims/survivors of abuse in later life
• Commitment to and experience in working with people from diverse populations and marginalized communities
• Knowledge of and ability to advocate within various systems including social service, economic, legal, medical and healthcare systems
• Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with individuals, community partners, and systems representatives
• Ability to problem solve, effectively plan and prioritize, make decisions individually and within a team
• Ability to handle client information with complete confidentiality
• Excellent written communication and public speaking skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to travel to multiple locations
• 40-hour sexual assault certification
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of providing advocacy to victims/survivors of abuse in later life.
• Experience conducting outreach to marginalized communities
Monday-Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm with occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
Starting Salary Range
$35,000 – $42,000 DOQ, along with an excellent benefits package including health and dental Insurance, retirement plan with employer match, paid holidays, paid vacation and medical, life insurance, short term and long-term disability insurance.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume Attn: Sue Redmond at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission deadline is July 22, 2019.
***No phone calls or emails please. This email address is only for receiving resumes. Qualified applicants will be contacted within three business days after resumes are received.