Organization: MNCASA | Location: Minnesota
Activity Area: | Job Type: Full-Time | Salary: $65,000 - $72,000
The Minnesota Coalition Against Sexual Assault (MNCASA) provides leadership and resources for sexual assault programs and allies to prevent sexual violence while promoting a comprehensive, socially just response for all victims/survivors. We support, convene, and collaborate with sexual assault programs, advocates, prosecutors, and law enforcement officers to promote a more victim-centered response to sexual violence, and increase effective criminal justice. Our prevention programs take action before someone is harmed, and we work with policy makers and elected officials for laws and programs that fight sexual violence.
MNCASA provides (1) Victim and Survivor Support by helping partner programs and medical personnel, law enforcement, and legal and social service providers deliver state of the art victim advocacy and support; (2) Prevention Support by developing the capacity of partner programs and others to design and implement effective community-level primary prevention strategies; (3) Policy Reforms through public policy education and advocacy; and (4) Systems Change by developing capacity in medical, criminal justice, social service, and judicial systems to incorporate a coordinated and victim-centered approach into their responses.
The Director of Communications and Development promotes the mission and values of MNCASA by providing leadership in the areas of fund development and communications. This position will be primarily responsible for establishing strategic direction and leadership in all aspects of organizational communications and messaging, while also being directly responsible for planning and executing strategies to increase revenue. This position is expected to be a strategic communication partner to all program areas of MNCASA.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key members of the media and communications vendors
- Lead and supervise communications team and contract communications workers
- Work closely with leadership team to develop and implement detailed communications plans
- Manage branding and image standards
- Oversee and supervise all communication platforms (website, print materials, social media, electronic signage, YouTube)
- Provide leadership, implementation, and support with leadership team on all fundraising initiatives
- Coordinate and manage donation processes, annual campaigns, and donor stewardship processes
- Oversee implementation and use of donor database
- Coordinate staff workshops, conferences, and other events, including registration
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Master’s degree a plus
- 6-10 years of experience in communication and fundraising, ideally in a leadership role within a political, government, or advocacy organization
- Extensive experience with social media management best practices and platforms’ analytics tools
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Previous experience with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign and Illustrator
- Collaborative work style with diverse constituent groups, including staff, board members, donors, collaborative partners, and other supporters
- A passion for and demonstrated commitment to MNCASA’s mission and programming
- Established relationships with Twin Cities philanthropic community is a plus
- Required: MN Driver’s License
MNCASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. MNCASA prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment on the basis of age, race/color, disability, marital status, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, genetic information or veteran’s status.
Our organization has a partnership with Metropolitan Alliance of Connected Communities (MACC) to provide administrative services including management of the recruiting process. If you apply for this position, you may see references to MACC in some online materials. You may also be contacted by an MACC employee to conduct or schedule an interview.