- This event has passed.
Ally-Hosted Event: Native Specific 40-Hour Sexual Assault Advocacy Training (MIWSAC, Bemidji)
January 14 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Minnesota Indian Women’s Sexual Assault Coalition’s 40-Hour Sexual Assault Advocacy Training, January 14-18, 2019
- Training begins at 9am each day, concluding no later than 5pm each day.
- Please expect to attend the full training to receive your Certificate of Completion.
- Mileage, meals, and lodging will be at your own expense.
- We will break for 60 to 90 minutes for lunch and self care each day.
- Feel free to also bring snacks, coffee, tea, water, etc.
- The content of this sexual assault advocacy training is Native specific, sensitive and can be triggering. We encourage you to wear comfortable clothing, rest up, eat well, and take gentle care of yourself throughout the week!
Cost: FREE! Includes Materials and Certificate of Completion upon completion of full 40 hours
Who Should Attend: Advocates, Service Providers, Survivors and Community is always welcome!
Space Limitation: 30 Persons
Point of Contact for Questions: Cristine Davidson, firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-646-4800
Free Training Includes:
- Fundamentals of Sexual Assault Advocacy
- Sexual Violence in Indian Country
- Sex Offenders- What Advocates Need to Know
- Core Skills of Advocacy
- Social Change Advocacy
- SARTS-Sexual Assault Response Teams
- Advocacy Self Care and Burnout
- Medical Response
- Law Enforcement Response
- Prosecution of Sexual Assault
- Mental Health- Basic Info for Advocates
- Sexual Assault Victimization
- Impact of Sexual Assault
- Advocacy for LGBTQ/Two Spirit
- Elder Abuse
- Adolescent and Child Sexual Abuse
- Prostitution and Trafficking
- Sexual Assault by Self-Proclaimed Spiritual Leaders
- Sexual Harassment