Preventing Childhood Sexual Abuse
Curricula and Program Guides
- Preventing Child Sexual Abuse within Youth Serving Organizations: Getting Started on Policies and Procedures
Explore ideas for policies and procedures that work to prevent child sexual abuse within youth serving organizations; published by the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
- Transforming Communities to Prevent Child Sexual Abuse and Exploitations: A Primary Prevention Approach
Read about the research and critical thinking of a diverse group of experts in the field of preventing child abuse and exploitation.
Training and Resources
- Sexual Abuse Safe-Child Standards
Learn more about sexual abuse safe-child standards in Massachusetts.
- Warning Signs
Stop It Now provides information on warning signs of child sexual abuse.
- Prevention Tools for Child Sexual Abuse
Here you will find downloadable tip sheets on a wide range of topics.
- How to Talk to Parents About Their Child’s Behaviors
This tip sheet from Stop It Now is helpful when navigating how to talk to a parent when you are worried about their child’s behavior.
- Create a Family Safety Plan
Guidelines to help you create an environment to better protect your family from sexual abuse.
Resources for Parents from the Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States.
- Talking to Children and Teens
Clear communication is the cornerstone of effective prevention.
- Healthy Childhood Sexual Development
This tool provides an overview of healthy childhood sexual development by exploring -age-appropriate behaviors.
Articles to Consider
- Talking With Kids Openly and Honestly About Sexuality
This Advocates for Youth article features Michael McGee, Vice President for Education at Planned Parenthood Federation of America.
Learn more about this Academy Award winning film.